The Walk-in-Wardrobe is a discrete service which supports local families and young people. We rely on donations to provide clothing, underwear, toiletries and sanitary products. This service is run in conjunction with other forms of support offered by St George’s including the Food Pantry, Young Futures, Future Selph, training opportunities and drop in services.
What will I be doing?
- Supporting staff to sort donations
- Ensuring the wardrobe remains clean, tidy and safe
- Supporting clients who to use this service
What do you need from me?
- Flexible, reliable and trustworthy
- The ability to ensure confidentiality
- Willing to work alongside other volunteers and staff to ensure the smooth running of the Walk-in-Wardrobe
- Able to follow our Safeguarding policies (full training will be provided)
What can St George’s do for me?
- The opportunity to play a vital role in your local community
- The chance to meet new people from different backgrounds, make friends and have fun
- A supportive environment where you can develop your existing skills as well as gain new skills, with a dedicated Volunteer Co-ordinator providing regular one-to-one supervisions
- Training opportunities