Volunteer Communications Lead
Pontefract and Castleford Scouts need a Communications Lead to help promote the Scout brand along with our information, achievements and events. You’ll be just as happy writing a snappy line of copy as monitoring and participating in online conversations.
With experience of a variety of social media channels, good writing and technical skills, you’ll be happy to work on your own initiative to set guidelines. No specific time commitment is required and the role is flexible enough to fit around you. We’ll provide full support and training, a sociable network, plus it all looks great on your CV.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Manage online platforms such as the District website and social media
- Liaise with other members to identify 'good news stories'
- Regularly promote the image of modern Scouting to media groups
- Support Scout Groups with their communications
- Produce on-brand content for online platforms