Support Group Volunteers
We are looking to recruit 2-4 volunteers to help run our latest Dementia Support Groups based in Castleford & Ossett
As a volunteer on this programme, your role would be varied and enjoyable, and would involve things like:
- Helping the Project Coordinator set up the venue and session activities on site before the session began
- Welcoming the clients to the programme, providing a friendly smile as people arrive and chatting with clients and their carers and providing refreshments.
- Observing sessions, feeding back to the project coordinators and recording data.
- Liaising with carers to note any changes in participants after the sessions.
- Help to gather feedback as part of the programme evaluation.
We are looking for people who are well organised with good communication skills, patience, and are able to put people at ease. It is important to be willing to work as part of a team, enjoy variety and have a flexible approach.
This role would suit someone who can commit to attending one session a week at the venue, obviously we understand that there will be times you cannot attend, due to holidays/other commitments, a session would last around 2 hours.