Lunch Club Assistant
St George's Lunch Club provides a welcoming environment for local residents to enjoy a nutritious home-cooked three course meal, socialize and make new friends. We are looking to recruit volunteers who can support the running of the Lunch Club.
What will I be doing?
- Preparing and serving meals
- Setting the tables
- Washing up
- Chatting to clients
What do you need from me?
- The ability to ensure confidentiality
- Compassionate and able to treat those in need with dignity and respect
- Passionate about helping people in the local community
- Flexible, reliable & trustworthy
- Willing to work alongside other volunteers and staff to ensure the smooth running of the Lunch Club
- Able to follow our Safeguarding policies
What can St George’s do for me?
- The opportunity to play a vital role in your local community
- The chance to meet new people from different backgrounds, make friends and have fun
- A supportive environment where you can develop your existing skills as well as gain new skills, with a dedicated Volunteer Co-ordinator providing regular one-to-one supervisions
- Training opportunities such as Food Hygiene, Safeguarding and First Aid