Food Pantry Assistant
Are you compassionate, approachable & want to support your local community? If so, we need YOU!
Flexible hours Flexible
What will I be doing?
- Keeping track of stock
- Unloading food deliveries
- Supporting clients to use the Food Pantry
- Making up emergency food parcels
- Basic administration tasks, ensuring client details are kept confidential
- Signposting clients to other services
What’s the time commitment?
A minimum of 3 hours weekly/fortnightly on a Tuesday (11-4.30), Wednesday (9-3) or Thursday (11-4.30)
What do you need from me?
- The ability to ensure confidentiality
- Compassionate and able to treat those in need with dignity and respect
- Passionate about helping people in the local community
- Flexible, reliable & trustworthy
- Able to follow our Safeguarding policies (full training will be provided)
- Willing to work alongside other volunteers and staff to ensure the smooth running of the Food Pantry
What can St George’s do for me?
- The opportunity to play a vital role in your local community
- The chance to meet new people from different backgrounds, make friends and have fun
- A supportive environment where you can develop your existing skills as well as gain new skills, with a dedicated Volunteer Co-ordinator providing regular one-to-one supervisions
- Training opportunities