Disability Advice and Information Volunteers
We are looking for individuals who care about others. People who are good listeners (and talkers).
6 hrs / week Flexible
Our volunteer roles can be varied and can involve-
- Helping to answer callers enquiries by telephone. Taking messages, advising clients.
- Assisting with general office administration.
- Assisting with interviewing clients, helping them complete forms.
- Producing documents, dealing with enquiries ,maintaining and improving information systems, filing.
- Dealing with people face to face. Giving advice and information on disability issues.
We are looking for people who can offer their time and support to become reliable members of our friendly team.
The role can help you to meet new people, learn new skills and build your confidence. You would be supporting the wellbeing of all ages of the community living in the Wakefield District. You may have existing skills that can be used. We also offer training and full support.