Chair of Wakefield Sea Cadets
Sea Cadet Units have their own “Unit Management Team/Committee” and Wakefield is currently looking for someone to take over the role of chair. We need an enthusiastic and passionate individual to lead the UMC, which already has a great team. The current chair has held this role for a number of years but is now having to step down for personal reasons.
- Chair regular UMC meetings (normally held monthly, evening)
- Assist with the running of the unit.
- Promote safeguarding and ensure the welfare of all young people
- Ensure activities are safe & health & safety procedures followed
- Support fundraising (incl events) & business planning activities.
- Ensure the building and equipment are maintained and are safe.
- Help to recruit volunteers and ensure their welfare and safety
- Ensure charity law/governance requirements are met