Work with collections and objects of local historical significance. Share the story of Castleford
Be part of a team working to gather information on, record and preserve our local history. Be involved in making displays for public exhibition. Research items of interest. Talk to local people about their memories of our town as part of our local history projects, make records of information. Share your findings.
Benefits of this role:
· Learn/develop skills in archiving, heritage, museums
· Develop communication and organisation skills
· Share your knowledge and experience with others
· Be part of a social team
· Make a difference in your community
· Be involved in piecing together the Castleford story to share with future generations.
Arts, DIY and practical skills, Health & Disability, LGBT, Men, Older people, Vulnerable people, Women, Young people
People new to volunteering, People seeking work, People under 18, People volunteering together, People who are older, People who are shy, People with limited mobility, People working on their wellbeing
Accessible toilet(s), Autism friendly, Wheelchair accessible
Creative, IT / Computers, Leadership, Listening, Organising, Photography, Reading & writing, Talking to others, Teamwork
IT / Computers, Organising, Reading & writing, Talking to others, Teamwork